What is pediatric chiropractic care?
- Chiropractic care offers a safe, natural, and drug-free approach to common conditions of bones, joints, muscles, and nerves. We promote proper structure and functioning of the body.
- Chiropractic adjustments for babies are very different than those performed on adults. We use a light fingertip pressure to adjust your child. We also often massage the muscles along the spine to ease tension.
Why does my infant need chiropractic care?
- Birth is tough work for both you and your baby. There are a lot of pressure and forces being exerted onto your baby during her journey into the world. Chiropractic care helps your baby’s body easily transition into life outside the womb.
- Birth trauma may include a very long or very short labor, use of medications to induce labor, restricted birthing positions, and/or pulling and twisting the baby’s head during delivery.
- Approximately 65% of neurological development occurs in the child’s first year of life. Nerve dysfunction associated with birth trauma may result in irritability, difficulty feeding and attachment, sleeping problems, and neurological defects.
How can chiropractic care help children?
- Regular chiropractic care may help alleviate some of the most common childhood milestones and complaints.
- Spinal Development – Now that your child is beginning to crawl or walk, her low back spinal curvature is developing. Regular chiropractic care ensures that your child’s spinal curves are developing correctly to avoid problems later in life.
- Tumbles and Falls – Toddlers are adventurous, which often leads to tumbles that can shift her pelvic bones out of alignment. Chiropractic adjustments help correct these changes.
- Scoliosis – Even a mild curvature in your child’s spine can cause pain, poor posture, and affect her self-confidence. Regular chiropractic adjustments can help reduce pain and even slow the progression of your child’s spinal curvature.
At Jackson Chiropractic Clinic, we have providers that specialize in treating infants and kids of all ages. Dr. Maya Doroschak has additional training in pediatric adjusting techniques and holistic health care, and both our licensed massage therapists perform infant and pediatric massages. Call our office for more information.